Thursday, January 27, 2011

First Impressions

"No river can return to its source, yet all rivers must have a beginning." - Native American Proverb


Let me start by introducing myself: my name is Jonathan Sulinski, an aspiring artist (graphic arts, oil painting, photography, and miscellaneous things) and an amateur writer (of short stories, poems, and hopefully a novel one day). I graduated college over a year ago and I'm starting out life outside of academia with all its triumphs and tragedies. 


Already I have a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=62601678) and a Deviant Art page (http://artizek.deviantart.com/), so why do I need another means of social networking? Well, I am starting this blog for a few reasons:


1) to promote myself and my work


2) to network with other writers/artists in the beginnings of their careers


3) to get some feedback from anyone interested enough in my creative process


4) to encourage myself to write more and get better at formulating my thoughts


Every now and then I'll post some artwork, fragments of a story, and perhaps explain some of my background and some of the things that inspire me, but I'll try my best to keep the focus on my creative output and try not to ramble.


Alright, let's get this started.

No comments:

Post a Comment